Monday, April 7, 2014

Great Conference!

Well this week had its ups and downs. We had a rather difficult week finding and had a lot of people turn down the opportunity to hear from a living Prophet of God, but after much praying we had 2 investigators come and view at least 1 session. We had a man named "A" there on Saturday morning and on Sunday we met at a members home and watched both sessions with an investigator named "S" who we have been struggling with. We have been meeting with her for some time now, like 2 months, and she hasn't really progressed at all. So after watching conference we sat and talked to her for a bit and one of the members asked if this was something that she wanted to continue doing, meaning continue meeting with us. She said that although she has been learning, she doesn't think this is something that interests her... I was devastated. So with one last chance I bore probably the best testimony I have yet born since being on my mission, in which I shared my beliefs about the church and shared with her the fact that we will never know everything about this church or this gospel but we can definitely know enough and she does indeed know enough. She is full of deep and insightful questions that although have great meaning and do have answers, they don't need to be answered in order to know this church is true.

We are taking a break for her because she wants to finish her schooling and so we will hopefully get to meet with in a month or two. Please pray for her and for the rest of those we teach. Conference was amazing though! I loved every second of it! Got a lot of things to work on and improve on but I'm happy to say that they are things I have been needing insight and help determining what to do. So I look forward to the future and the opportunity to improve myself! We hope to have a baptism this week for a young man named "L"! So keep him in your prayers! I love you all soooooo much! Keep up the awesome work!

No comments:

Post a Comment