Sunday, November 10, 2013

Entering the Field


Dearest family

You will probably get this by the time I have gotten into the field, sooo yeah!!!!

Elder Schoen at the Provo MTC

I am really excited to get into the field! I’ll be honest, I’m kinda nervous but its good nerves. I can’t wait to get to Brazil but I’m going to give Fresno California all I have.  It is going to be weird that first day in the field talking to real people. Haha! but I can’t wait.  Me and a fellow Elder from a neighboring zone who are really good friends are going together so that should be fun.  Being District Leader has been actually really great. I ican feel how much I have grown just in these last two weeks.  The love I have for others has grown as well as my patience! It was such a great opportunity to serve in a leadership position I loved my teachers here at the MTC.  They were so beneficial to me and I honestly couldn’t have picked two better teachers.  I don’t know if they had “infield orientation” when you left the MTC dad but we had it and it was very cool.  It was 8 hours long just sitting in classes but it was still very cool.  Haha! so its was daylight savings today but none of the Elders in my district got the memo so we were dressed and out the door by 6 instead of 7.  Talk about frustrating.  Oh well it was alright cause we just went to class and slept at our desks.  The MTC has been one heck of an experience.,  That first week I never thought I could make it but looking back now and seeing how much I have grown it makes me so proud of myself.  Although I am nowhere near being sufficient in the language or in doctrinal knowledge, I have been blessed to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost when we  have taught lessons.  It is so comforting knowing I am never alone.  I have been continually blessed whenever I am stressed or homesick with comfort and peace because of prayer,  Like I said, the most sincere prayers I have ever shared have been here at the MTC.  I feel as though I am almost annoying Heavenly Father because of how much I talk to him. JKJKJ But this experience will be difficult, no doubt about it, but I have learned to rely on Heavenly  Father, the Spirit and most importantly, the Savior and his atonement.  Coming into the MTC I can honestly say I never had a testimony of the fullness of the atonement.   I knew Christ died for us so that we could have the opportunity to live again with God but I never knew how important the atonement is in comforting and strengthening us.  I know now that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we truly are never alone.  What a great blessing that is to know.  Funny enough our mission conference today was all about Christ and his atonement. 

Reassignments for all the Sao Paulo North missionaries


So I’ve been here now for 6 weeks and today it snowed for the first time.  It was great to see.

Elder Hall and Elder Schoen, Elder Hall is a fellow "Brazilian" missionary that has been reassigned to Fresno.


As far as Christmas this year, just send me a tie and some uplifting quotes and some pictures.  I need the kind in a book so that they are not lose.  One thing that would be plenty sufficient is just praying for my success in the field with the people, with my companion, and with the language.  I’m going to need all the blessings I can get,  I’m going to be the last one here from my District. We had fast and testimony meeting today it was so nice because fasting on a mission is so special.  I bore my testimony first in English and then in Portuguese.  It was awesome.  I can’t wait for Brazil.  Even if I cant speak the language, I want to teach those people down there! I am very excited to meet my new mission president, President Gelwix.  I hear he treats his missionaries like his rugby team.  he gets them all pumped up and sends them out.  It is going to be so weird to talk to real people this week.  I am so pumped to get out there in Fresno. I hope you guys are realizing the blessings in our lives cause I sure am!!! I love you!!! I can’t wait to tell you all about California.


Love y’all!

Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment