Monday, May 26, 2014

Oi Familia!

Well I understand more about the Visa issues and I will work on preparing another one. I will do everything I can to have my Visa come in. As you know my mission here in Fresno is a "Temporary Re-assignment" meaning my call is still to Brazil. I will do everything that I need to do in order to obtain a Visa and if it doesnt come then I will know I did everything in my power and it was in the Lord's Hands. So I will get the FBI stuff figured out this week. Stay tuned on that.  (Insert Courtney's note: Dallas had received in early May 2013, and, being the on-the-ball person that he is, he took care of his FBI clearance/fingerprinting/background check immediately so he could include it with his Visa application. Who would have thought that it would take more than a year from the time he got his FBI clearance to get his Visa processed by the Brazilian consulate? Poor kid. Keep him in your prayers, he obviously really desires to serve in Brazil, since that's where he was called by the Prophet. Yet, he is pouring his heart into the work in CA, and still studying Portuguese an hour daily.)

As for this week! Great Week! We had a ton of success this week! We had 6 member presents (that means 6 members of their ward were present for a lesson) this week and found 7 new investigators! It was kinda crazy because at the beginning of the week we didnt have a whole lot of people to teach and we were getting rather frustrated.. But we kept working and have really been focusing on ATM's, (I don't know what that stands for) which is awesome because by Friday we had found 4 new investigators through members! It truly was an awesome week and one that gets me excited for future weeks! I am growing in love for this area! The members here are sooo awesome! I am grateful everyday for the opportunity I have to be serving here in California. I have learned sooo much from serving here and am soo proud to be a missionary! Yesterday marked the 8 month mark... 1/3 of my mission is gone.. So sad!! Just more incentive to work harder;) I love you all and am grateful for all you do for me! Tem um bom Semana!!

​Another Visa waiter who i have gotten close with. he has been out over 9 months! brazil is crazy for not wanting these two handsome elders;) Estou Brincando!! (I am Joking)

​ Heaven on Earth.. It is the best place ever..

ELDER Ave!! I told you i would find it!!
A member has the outhouse from Shrek!! how cool is that!! it works and everything!!
Mormons and Dodgeball.

No comments:

Post a Comment